Careers Programme Intent/aims to;
- Assist our students to make informed decisions about their future
- Provide impartial, unbiased advice to students which is in their best interests and based on their needs to help them make informed and well rounded choices
- Inspire students and encourage them to develop high aspirations
- Enable students to consider pursuing a broad range of careers
- Give students opportunities to experience the world of work in real life
- Develop students’ employability skills
- Support students at key transitional points
- Promote equality of opportunity, challenge stereotyping and support inclusion
Implementation of careers guidance at Stepney Green has four key elements:
- Career Information: Information based on options, skills, labour market information, occupations, pathways and progression routes are embedded into student learning.
- Careers Education: A range of programmes planned and embedded into the curriculum to enable students to gain knowledge and skills they need to help them plan and manage their own careers.
- Careers Guidance and Advice: Independent and impartial careers advice is provided by a qualified and experienced careers advisor.
- Work Related Learning: Experiences within and outside of the curriculum help students learn about economic well-being, careers and enterprise.
Impact & Review:
Our Careers Plan is reviewed and evaluated annually using Compass and student voice careers surveys will also be conducted at the end of each key stage to measure and assess the impact. Each year we will review and analyse the destination data that enables the school to understand our students’ career paths and shape our career programme going forward at each transition point.
Next Review Date of Information Published: July 2022
Want to know what is on offer? Career plans for each year group can be accessed through links below. Activities will be updated regularly.
KS3-KS5 Student links/resources:
Careerpilot : Plan your future work & study Plan your study & work Your choices at 14, 16 and 18, routes to different qualifications and job sectors. Career tool to help you decide.
Apprenticeships Resource Hub
Careers advice – job profiles, information and resources | National Careers Service Learn more about your skills and match them to potential new careers. Discover what a job involves whilst exploring careers.
www.Icould.com Real-life career videos, advice and information to inspire your career
Additional KS5 Student links/resources:
www.prospects.ac.uk Prospects for graduate jobs, postgraduate study, advice about work experience, internship opportunities and graduate careers.
Information for Parents/Carers:
Apprenticeships Resource Hub
Information for Teachers:
Employers: Want to work with us to inspire and fuel our students’ careers?
Employers are integral to great careers advice. At Mulberry Stepney Green College we need employers of all sizes, and from all sectors, to provide encounters that inspire people and give them the opportunity to learn about what work is like and what it takes to be successful in the work force. These activities could include work experience or shadowing, workshops or talks run by employers, or other activities that develop the skills needed to deal with business challenges. (DFE)